CND Shellac Approved Salon
The Power Polish like no other.
- On like Polish
- Wears Like Gel
- Off in Minutes
Shellac is a breakthrough, patent-pending UV3 technology that combines the ease of polish with the permanence of gels. No other products in the market can stand up to the claim - on like polish, wears like gel, off in minutes.
At Essential Beauty I strive to provide the best nail services and products for the enjoyment of all my customers. It is important that you leave me feeling impressed and happy with the work that I have created for you.
I will always ensure that the products that I use are also up to par with my work ethic, and I make sure that I introduce them for both performance and quality.
Shellac really is the ultimate nail treatment ans has been popular since its launch 3 years ago. I stock all the latest colours and now all the tricks of the trade to create beautiful nails.
For years the industry has been striving to create a colour 'polish' solution that stands up to the test of time for all natural nail and manicure customers. Well the market is now flooded with lots of brands.
I have chosen Shellac by CND and I am a registered CND Shellac Salon. You can find my details on CND.com
To achieve a permanent coloured nail solution my ladies historically had to go for the nail enhancement gel service to achieve this.
Shellac is formulated with acetone soluble polymers (tiny tunnels) making it removable in 8 minutes with CND Nourishing Remover.
These tiny tunnels allow the remover to travel all the way down through the coating and finally down to the base layer where the remover breaks down the "quick-release" polymers releasing Shellac from the natural nail without the use of files or buffers which can be extremely damaging to the natural nail.
There is no damage at all with Shellac, no buffing to the natural nail. This is one of the main differences between Shellac and all the other gel polish ranges on the market. Shellac is truly wonderful on both hands and toes.
There are now many colour options and effects that can be created to make your own bespoke look. I stock the complete colour range and have layered options to to give you so much more.
Give it a try! You won't regret it.
Why should I choose Shellac?
- Shellac promises pure colour, quality and longevity, that is high gloss, smudge free, and chip free.
- Importantly, it does not damage the natural nail in anyway.
- Removal is easy and quick, with no tell tale signs left behind. You can have a new colour manicure every two weeks.
- Shellac is a product that really lasts longer than a regular manicure its a simple as that.
Shellac Advanced Services
Shellac has been available for some time now and as time has progressed so has the product. There are a few add on services to Shellac to suit different nail types and conditions.
- Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. placed under Shellac and works alongside the service to add additional strength and longevity of the service. This is a soak of product too so is perfect and only adds a couple of minutes to the removal time.
- Shellac Layered Colours. All the colours can work together to supply a massive range of colours in addition to the standard ones. There are literally hundreds, so there are no limitations when you need to match that perfect outfit.
- Shellac Rockstar. If you are a glitter lover then this is the one for you. Fine Glitter is pressed into the colour chosen and used to create a beautiful glittery effect. If glitter is a bit much, especially on all, then have an accent finger and choose just one. Its great fun.
- Shellac Special effects... the list is endless so you need to allocate extra time to choose.
- All advanced services are charged accordingly.
I know you will absolutely LOVE your nails while you are wearing Shellac and I expect your nails to last flawlessly as long as you give them a little care and attention during that time.
We say Shellac is pretty indestructible with 'normal' wear and tear, which means you have to partner with me by adding a little protection to your nails. For example, if doing tough jobs like household cleaning and gardening, hobbies that are rough on your hands or using harsh chemical products without wearing gloves; doing these things without protection can breakdown your Shellac service.
If you do happen to cause some damage to the Shellac coating I hope you find the advice below helpful.
- If something you have done has caused a chip or lifted an edge of your Shellac manicure then please do NOT pick or pull at the area, as this will cause any damage to increase. Please ring me so that I can assess the nail and decide if a repair is necessary. Please note that repairs will be chargeable.
- If you are on holiday please be careful when using sun tan oils or insect repellent solutions as many of these products contain solvent oils which will cause major damage to the Shellac colour coat.
- Some of the more delicate Shellac colours (especially the pinks) can fade somewhat if one is in chlorinated water followed by excessive sun (remember that chlorine is a bleach and sun intensifies the bleaching action). Dry your hands and nails after swimming and before sunbathing to minimise any colour fading.
- Please use Solar Oil at least twice a day (especially at night before going to bed) to replace lost moisture to your skin and nails.
- I recommend Solar Oil (which I retail at £9.00 for a 15ml bottle), which is made to be used with Shellac. Also beneficial is the use of any CND hand and body lotion daily.
- Regularly using CND aftercare products will substantially prolong the life of your Shellac manicure and keep your natural nails and the skin surrounding them healthy, moisturised and flexible.
- If you wish to temporarily change the colour of your nails whilst wearing Shellac you can use nail enamel over the Shellac but please be sure to use an Acetone Free Remover if removing nail polish between appointments.
Relative to your life-style and activity level, your Shellac will need fortnightly or three weekly maintenance as there will be obvious re-growth. At this point I can either re-Shellac your nails (removing existing Shellac and re-applying a fresh new colour) or I can remove the Shellac completely which takes a brief 10 minutes.
If you do decide you want to remove your Shellac please call me and let me do it safely for you in the salon.
Incorrect removal at home may damage the surface of your nails. I will be able to remove Shellac using a professional remover and to give you a mini-manicure so that your natural nails look perfectly groomed. Please do not peel or pick the Shellac from your nail surface. You will be taking a layer or two of your natural nail away.
Shellac and Chlorine and Household Chemicals
Shellac is unique compared to competitive color coatings. It is formulated with acetone soluble polymers (tiny tunnels) making it removable in 8 minutes with pure acetone. These tiny tunnels allow the acetone to travel all the way down through the coating and finally down to the base layer where the acetone breaks down the "quick-release" polymers releasing Shellac from the natural nail without the use of files or buffers which can be extremely damaging to the natural nail. These tiny tunnels also make Shellac less chemically resistant than gels, liquid and powders or other enhancement products. Thus exposure to household chemicals including chlorine can affect Shellac wear. Clients that regularly swim or soak in jacuzzis may not experience a good wear with Shellac. However they should experience longer wear with Shellac than polish.
Shellac and Weak Nails
When applied and removed correctly, Shellac will not weaken nails. In fact, many people report that their nails grow much longer when wearing Shellac.
However, if Shellac is applied or removed incorrectly and a file is used to buff the natural nail, the nails could become weaker as the layers of the natural nail are removed.
This is why it is imperative that Shellac be used as a system to include the UV base coat, UV colour coat and UV top coat with no filing to prep the natural nail.
Dry or brittle nails are often confused with weak nails because they may break easily, however this type of nail lacks moisture and/or oils in the nail plate, causing the nail to shatter or crack when force is applied. Nails can become excessively dry and brittle when exposed to solvents which are in most nail coatings and removers. The level of dehydration depends on the type and condition of the nails. Shellac has much less solvents in its formula than nail polish and is not as dehydrating as nail polish. However, Shellac removal requires 8 minutes of exposure to an acetone product, which may cause drying of the natural nail.
This information has been LOVINGLY put together to provide the best information for you. But if you still have some questions, then please don't hesitate to contact me by phone or through my website contact form. I look forward to hearing from you.
Please be aware that there are many copies flooding the market place. This is creating quite a bit of confusion for us nail technicians, but also for you the Consumer.
These copies and fakes are being bought by shops, and nail technicians alike. This allows them to offer cheap nail services. These products look very similar, but please be aware that they are not always good for your nails.
Always ask for insurance and qualifications information from your nail services if you are unsure. CND Shellac is only distributed via two main sources in the UK and certainly not off Ebay.
Its my training, my insurances, my experience, my care, my knowledge and my professional products that you get from my service and is therefore reflected in my pricing.