Essential Beauty brings the perfect way to achieve a natural healthy bronzed look. It is no secret that all around the world tanners are switching off their sunbeds, throwing out their self tanning creams, avoiding the harsh sun rays and converting to the newly popular spray tan.
You will be amazed by the fantastic results, so why don't you give it a try, a seamless all over body tan in just 20 minutes.
Why book in for a spray tan?
- No dirty patches
- No streaking
- No orange look
- No premature ageing
- No UV skin damage
- Natural looking
- All natural ingredients
- Colours to suit your skin tone and preference
- Professional and comfortable surroundings
- Professional and experienced tan therapist
- State of the art equipment
- Value for money
- Organic (Paraben-free)
When famous fashion designer Coco Chanel accidentally acquired a dark tan during a vacation on the French Riviera in the 1920s, she ignited a fad among us for tanned skin. By the 1960s bronzed skin often signified social status, wealth and health.
Sunless tanning arose in response to links between sun exposure and skin cancer discovered in the 1960s. As we are now aware of the harmful effects and damage that the natural sun’s UV rays have upon the human skin, more and more people are opting for UV-free sunless tanning. In just 10 minutes you can have a safe and beautiful tan achieving the same result as 10 days in the sun, without the ageing effects. Tan application has become easier, less messy and has better results than ever before.
The solution contains various ingredients with the most important being DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) which is derived from 'sugar'. Some solutions also contain Eyrthrulose which gives the tan an extra boost, plus most solutions provide a colour guide, which washes off after the tan development time span. New A-Tan solutions are now organic, so there are no nasties being sprayed on your skin, so nothing to worry about.
How does it work?
DHA reacts with the amino acids in the outermost layer of the skin. The higher the DHA in the solution the darker the tan. Therefore you should use a low DHA on fair/ pale skin and a high DHA on olive skin. DHA is not a dye, it is a natural active ingredient used in many brands of self tanning creams and sprays.
The new A-Tan Rapide, is revolutionary and is now available. One solution, and the depth of colour is down to you. The longer you leave it the darker you go. NOW available.
How long will it last?
The tan can last between 5-7 days depending on how well you moisturise and look after the tan following the tan development. However, this can be extended using tan extenders which contain a small amount of DHA which will prolong the tan. Please ask for further details on these retail products. The face and hands will be the first to fade, as you will wash these more often. Lasting time for any tan is very much down to maintenance and your skin type, as well as the type of spray used. Because a spray tan only affects the top layer of skin, the tan cannot outlast the natural exfoliation process.
Additionally, the tan can be further extended by giving two applications over a 48 hour period. In this case, you have to ensure that at least 24 hours have elapsed between the 1st and 2nd application and that you have taken a shower between the two.
What solutions do I use?
After much research and trying almost every popular solution on the market today, I have chosen a couple of brands. A-Tan and Sienna X. I may be trialling a new one as tan technology moves so fast.
The choice has been made taking into consideration the choice of colours, the longevity of the tan itself, the natural tan they produce, the smell and its ingredients. Customers today demand good customer service, and value for money. These qualities have also been taken into consideration in order for me to deliver a fantastic spray tan service for all my customers.
My solutions are at the forefront of the spray tan industry and give fantastic results. These solutions have a range of DHA % and there is a tan for each and every one of you.
- A-Tan Rapide
- Fake Bake 10%
All now Paraben-free, and include the Erythrulose tanning boost for longevity. You won't be disappointed.
The spray tanning equipment is state of the art and will deliver excellent results every time. The spray tan machine is a compressor which delivers a fine mist to your skin which is comfortable and non sticky. The fine mist ensures an even tan all over. The technique that I use ensures that your tan is flawless and I can assure you that you won't be disappointed.
- Spray tan booth, helping to contain any over spray.
- Extractor fan, assisting in filtering air inside the booth ensuring that you are comfortable at all times plus ensuring minimal spray tan particles in the air.
- Barrier creams, applied to the hands and feet and other drier areas of skin to ensure and natural even tan.
- Disposable underwear
- Sticky feet
- Face masks (if required)
- Hand wipes
Spray Tanning Prices
I am delighted to continue to stock a revolutionary and extremely popular ORGANIC spray tan which absorbs quickly into the skin. This means you only have to wait a short time before showering (known as 'time on skin'... see guidelines below). The tan then develops to a natural darker shade within 5-8 hours.
RAPIDE is ideal for clients who want a tan in a hurry and also very popular with ladies who don't like to wait!
Quite simply the longer the 'time on skin' the darker you will go.
Guidelines - Time on Skin
The following guideline shows the minimum skin absorption times. After this time shower and your tan then continues to develop over the next 5 to 8 hours, leaving you to get on with your day, or party!
- 1 Hour - Fair (similar to 8% DHA)
- 2 Hours - Medium (similar to 10% DHA)
- 3 Hours - Dark (similar to 12% DHA)
So you can get a tan in an hour... now that’s fast.
Guidelines for showering after Rapide:
Shower after the time indicated. It is recommended that you shower in warm water until all the colour guide has been washed off. DO NOT use shower soaps or creams or exfoliation products. Avoid vigorous exercise and swimming whilst tan develops.
Before your appointment
- Exfoliate prior to your treatment, preferably the day before and the morning of your treatment. Exfoliate the entire body paying particular attention to any drier areas, lower half of your legs, knees, ankles, top of feet, toes, elbows and knuckles. You may use an exfoliating lotion, face cloth, scrubbing mitt or loofah. Exfoliation will remove dead skin cells that would otherwise flake off and helps to promote even coverage and lengthen the duration of your tan.
- Moisturise thoroughly the day before your treatment, not on the day as this will cause a barrier.
- Allow all previous sunless tans to fade for approximately 7 days to minimise product build up.
- Shave / wax at least 48 hours prior to your treatment.
- Remove all deodorant and traces of make up and perfume as these can affect the tanning results.
- Wear loose dark fitting clothes (or bring them with you to change into).
- Bring loose footwear, perhaps flip flops, but no boots or trainers or thick socks, which may hinder even tan development immediately after your treatment.
- The bronzers or tanning guides that are in the solutions can stain underwear and nylon / silk inners of garments, so don't wear your best.
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting must be done at least 48 hours prior or post treatment as the tan can react with the peroxide.
- If you are going on holiday, bring your bikini so that we can discuss the tan lines that are appropriate to your swimwear.
After your appointment
As the tan develops I recommend that you DO NOT:
- Sit on light fabric / leather seats for up to two to three hours following application.
- Wash your hands for at least 4 hours so the DHA has started to sink into the skin.
- Put on tight clothing for at least 5 hours.
- Shave for at least 12 hours.
- Apply moisturiser prior to the post-tan shower.
- Exercise or swim.
- You should wait 7 - 12 hours before showering or washing, as the tan needs time to develop.
In order to maximise the duration of your tan DO:
- Apply moisturiser morning and evening after your post-tan shower (avoid moisturiser containing AHAs as they can cause the skin to exfoliate faster)
- Pat skin dry after showering instead of running dry.
- To prolong your tan further use a tanning extender. Please ask me for retail items in this range.
- Take care when exercising, as heavy sweating may cause your tan to fade unevenly and prematurely.
- Avoid long hot showers / baths as well as visiting swimming pools and jacuzzis.
- Avoid waxing, preferably not until the tan has disappeared.
- Remember that the tan does not have any SPF factors and wear sun protection as usual.
- Have a second application within three days to lengthen and deepen the tan.
There are no known harmful side effects reported from the use of spray tans, and it is a safe alternative to the harmful effects of tanning in the sun or on a sunbed. However, a very small percentage of people are allergic to DHA and may break out in red spots.
If you have reacted badly to sunless tanning lotions before, please advise me prior to your tanning session. It would then be advisable to take a patch test before hand. I would therefore recommend that this is done in good time before any special events that the spray tan is meant for. Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this.
It couldn't be easier to look and feel like a million dollars as your personal spray tan therapist gives you an incredible 'just off the beach' body in only a few minutes. These tans really are excellent.
Contact me through my website or give me a call or text. I will reply as soon as I am able.
Later appointments are available upon request.